©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Apr 4, 2011

Spasms , spasms and more spasms



   Once again I have been plagued by severe muscle spasms. It is a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone. A few weeks ago my lower spine has been bothering me (lumbar fusion L5-S1, 13 years ago) . My vertebra seemed to "pop" every so often, Tuesday, I sat on a cold cement built in bleacher, not my best idea. That night in bed I could not get comfortable and would yelp upon movement. I woke up for my nightly 2:30 am pee (gettin old's a bitch) and while sitting on the pot...POW! a giant spasm from tail bone to skull ripped through my spine. I seriously was like the image above...only sitting for a solid 20 secs. It stops your breath and you can't move. Almost like a seizure (never had a seizure so Im guessing) I was wondering what do I do if I can't get off the pot? So, I waited it out
The next 5 days were filled with tears, random outbursts of "OUCH" and a lot of grunting. I have been taking Hydrocodone and Baclofen which does help, but would require me to take well above the recommended dose to be pain free. Grunting through life it is. Night time is it's own nightmare....I can honestly feel where my hip joint ball and socket meet on both sides...the burning and leg numbness just sucks! Tim says I cry out in my sleep all night long...fun huh?
I had severe back spasms while living in Oak Park when Karrick was about 5 months old. I could not get out of bed for days. Using the bathroom was torture...just torture. I probably should have gone to the ER, but the thought of the paramedics moving me down our big spiral staircase and bumping me around in the back of the ambulance may have resulting in me eating a bullet
Last year I had horrible skull spasms where I couldn't get out of bed for 5 days...to use the washroom I would have to physically pick up my head with both hands while dropping F-bombs the entire way.
This too shall pass...sooner than later I hope. It is getting much better and if I get a spasm it is a baby one. Something is inflamed or swollen that is causing the burning and numbness. Is it possible to pop a screw in the plates that hole my vertebrae together? I don't think so, so I wait and walk around a little dazed and confused with huge bags under my eyes. Have I called the doctor? Not yet, I have the medicine left over from skulls spasms I had 2 months ago. I do have 5 bulging disks in my neck that may need to be addressed if this becomes "A thang"

Now I must walk like I have a pole up my ass to get my child from the 1st grade





                                                      

No comments: