©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Jun 27, 2011

Lombard pool! and is TJ, a Disney Darling?


First of all, pardon the horrific photography. I purposely didn't bring my good camera to the pool and relied on my camera phone...Aarrgh!
For the 1st time this summer Karrick and I went to out neighborhood pool and a mighty nice pool it is! 
I hemmed and hawed on whether to purchase passes. For a family of 3 it's $169, which allows you to go 1 hour earlier and never wait in line to pay the $6 fee (on a hot day that line gets long). You just walk through the scanner like an I-pass. To break even each of us (me, cal and Karrick need to go 8 times) Karrick and I are at 1 each, Cal-0. I obsess on it daily...No Joke!


TJ had a commercial audition downtown today and we didn't get back in-time for him to catch the Ram Van to Plainfield for his high school double header. My van's battery light was on so I wasn't going to drive out there and get stuck. On the way home from Lockport this weekend my battery light was on (for 2 days) and 4 blocks from home my lights went out (at night) I made it home but the van never started again. Tim had Cal and Karrick in Long Grove for a boy weekend. Tim changed the battery and all was good until driving home from the audition.
So, I called TJ in as a no go for the game. I hopped on my big pink bike with Karrick in the trailer and headed to Paradise Bay Water Park. It was fabulous, very few people and lots of fun.





We got outside to ride home and my tire was flat...WTF! Tim came home from work early so he was able to pick us up. Everything I touch lately seems to break

This is TJ and his "dad" going over their lines before going in the room together to audition this morning. TJ was just called for a second audition for the new Superman movie tomorrow, which is so secretive that the script was emailed straight to TJ, not the agency. No one is saying it's Superman, but it's Superman. We all know it's superman

A few weeks ago TJ was picked by name from the producer from the Disney channel in LA to audition for a new Disney Pilot. We had to go to our agency the next day and he auditioned with his agent on film, then it was Fed Ex-ed to LA that night. He was the only one from Lily's picked to Audition.
TJ's on-camera agent never met TJ until this audition...Well, she was so impressed with his acting ability she came out to talk to me. She said his direction and memorization skills were amazing and his acting was top-notch, would I mind if she started submitting him for a lot of projects.
She thinks he is perfect for Disney, so he had to go home and watch the Disney Channel to study the character relationships. My TJ the next Disney darling?
TJ was beyond ecstatic, he just started getting auditions 6 months ago and not booking anything...he realizes he is too tall for a lot of age appropriate roles and won't be booked for 16 year old + roles because he is still 14. He looks 17 and is 5' 11, but is not legal to work full time.  One of the High School actors on Glee is 29 years old (TJ is the opposite of the child actor, he is tall)
I keep telling him not to give up, it is all experience and getting familiar with the casting directors. They do keep calling him back, so they do see something. The chat with the agent put TJ over the moon with excitement.....kind of like "he is as good as he thinks he is" and he isn't wasting his time. Once he turns 16, I believe things will be easier to book
His agent thinks he will book things now

1 comment:

Mel said...

I think flocks of girls would approve of TJ being a Disney Darling!