©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Oct 26, 2008

Monster Bash



Firday was Cal's schools annual "Monster Bash". I have never dressed up in years past. While at the Goodwill store getting Cal's Amish costume, I saw this giant afro. Well, it came to me in a flash...a gorgeous , sophisticated, tall , thin, black women from the 70's popped into my head. I gathered my accessories with gusto. As I was putting on the final touches, I looked in the mirror. Hmmmm, I thought. My vision of grandeur faded as the only thing staring back at me was a friggin scary transvestite. Too late now,I had to go with it. Needless to say I walked solo down the block to the school.

Karrick helps me fluff my weave


These shoes are amazing. I took them from the store mannequin
they were a pinch to small. Notice the slit across the toe, a steak knife came in handy.





Yeah, I was at least 6'5" tall
I won't lie, I was a hit with the adults. Most kids just stopped, stared and walked away speechless.

Saturday was Karricks "Spooktacular" It being a Catholic school and all, I left the Kiss shoes at home.
















2 comments:

Mel said...

Mary...you made my day!!! That is the best costume ever!

Mel said...

Okay...I just read this again and I am beside myself with glee!!! This is hilarious.