©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Apr 8, 2009

Baseball


TJ finally had his 1 st practice game of the season.
White Sox vs the A's. The last 2 games were cancelled due to
weather and poor field conditions.
Today we had to play on the soccer field
because there was a 10 x 4 foot trench behind the pitchers mound
The sun was shinning, the wind was blowing and
we had to lend the A's 2 players
Nothing was going to stop this game.

Can you believe I left my camera on my desk? Aarrrrgh...
I bought a disposable camera. awful awful awful
No zoom, no preview, no delete and certainly no pixels


My White Sox blanket...don't judge



That tiny speck pitching is TJ

TJ is such a sport in regards to my over the top
obsession with baseball. I'm loud, I'm intense and I play to win
( Well, actually TJ plays)
I'm not alone, there is a group of us "baseball moms"
that belong to this club.

TJ had a lot of fabulous pitches and some not so fabulous pitches.
At one point he got so mad that he threw a fast ball that made
every spectator, in unison suck in their breath
A lone voice was heard above the sea of silence
"Holy crap, that had to be 80 mph"
Straight over the plate and knocked the catcher over.
PS: It wasn't me that said it, my jaw was still on the ground

Was it 80 mph? probably not.
Avg for a 12 yo is 50-55 mph

The coach then made a little visit to the mound and
a giant smile grew on his face
and Yes, he calmed down

No comments: