©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Apr 25, 2009

A Rare Occasion

Today was one of those rare days when we had
 NOTHING at all planned. 

The boys had friends stay overnight after Friday's baseball
game. They woke me up this morning by playing(yelling) in the driveway
I jumped out of bed thinking it had to be noon and staggered down the stairs
just to see 7:28 am on the clock. Are you freakin kidding me?
Not only did they wake me, but the neighbors received the
same lovely gift (sorry Mona)

As I sat on my front porch with my extra strong coffee, I noticed
a single rose had bloomed overnight.
 A sense of calm came over me

I really wanted to enjoy some sun. I
missed most of it yesterday due to work, then 
Karrick's Slinky shoot downtown. By the time we got to TJ's game at 5:30
the wind was a howling
as clearly heard in all my videos

Mother Nature had other ideas
for my Saturday
I alternated between working inside and 
lounging on the deck when the sun did peak out for 10 min intervals
Once the torrential rains came, I packed up the kids and headed to
the health club
Cal and Ben (my 4th son)
running the track
For the 1 st hour we had the pool to ourselves


Who has eyes that big?
I'm thinking the new Morton Salt Boy


Our rainy Saturday turned out to be delightful. It
was a rare treat to just hang with my boys
and have some fun
I get to do it all over again tomorrow
because we have NOTHING planned except to sleep in.
(minus the extra boys)

We won't get another free weekend until Fall
It was a rare occasion

No comments: