©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Sep 26, 2012

48 years old....Holy Cow!

I was up early Sunday morning and took a walk to the lake...the stream was breathtaking 

This weekend I turned 48....still can't wrap my arms around that. Besides the nagging arthritis (yep, 48 talks about arthritis) I have in my neck, lumbar spine, hips, right elbow and left shoulder I feel great!! 
Tim surprised me with a weekend in Lake Geneva for the 2 of us. The weather was incredible. Friday night we stayed at The Lazy cloud B n B and Saturday night we stayed at the Abbey.. Lots of shopping, eating and walking around...Gay men have nothing on my Tim in the shopping dept.
I love that we can leave the 3 boys and just go

You really need to be there to appreciate the quaintness of it all; right down to the caramel apple pie baked in a bag waiting for you on the table. We stayed here a couple years ago for our anniversary. Each suite is different. 
There is an entire history to this place JD Salinger wrote The Catcher in the Rye here, it was a polo club with "rooms" and one of the Schiltz brothers lived there.


I love my new color changing barrettes , my new fall color is plum.


No comments: