©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




May 15, 2013

Happy Birthday mom



Today is my mom's 76th Birthday
 9 years ago today she had emergency brain surgery.
In exactly 2 weeks it will be 9 years ago that she left us

My close friends know how I struggled with her death, I don't think my family or my husband even knew, by no fault of their own
It took 3 solid years before I could mention her without crying. 
I was angry and sad and mad
I drank a lot that first year
Today is my 8  year  anniversay of being sober, on my moms birthday.
My brother Jim posted this video, I have never seen or heard this before (I get that I live in a music closet)


Thank Jim for sharing this
video



It made me cry, but a different cry. Of course there is a sadness, but somehow a happy cry. so much of my mom lives on through us kids. The older I get the more I realize how many lives she touched. Just the comments on facebook from all her friends, ours cousins and our friends growing up while spending time in our home.
She was a part of their lives too....everyone's lives
Thats a Blessing, she was a blessing and I am blessed because she was my mom




Karrick's Christening May 5th 2004
3 weeks before my mom died

No comments: