©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




May 31, 2013

My sweet Callahan is officially a high schooler

CALLAHAN'S GRADUATION WEEK !


 These two are just perfect, like a prince and a princess.
 The 2 of them are wise and mature beyond their years. They bring the best out in each other, Cal is wickedly funny and somewhat reserved. Katie is all personality, quick, clever and not to mention as darling as they come. They ARE the 8th grade couple. Met in Italy where they spent 10 days together (under the watchful eye of Tim and Katie's mom, Deanna)
Soon to be celebrating 1 year together

What a great week couple of weeks in the McGinty house.

My sweet beautiful intellegent Callahan graduated from Glenn Westlake Middle School last night. The ceremony was head at Glenbard East High School.
Tuesday was the 8th grade dance on the Spirit of Chicago downtown
 My photo of them in their dancing clothes has been postponed due to weather and life.
I am hoping to shoot them today.
I could not be more pround of Callahan if I tried. 
Forget being rediculouly smart (scored above average on the SAT's 4 years early)
He is kind, thoughtful and caring. Cal is the kid that will get up at a restaurant to go hold the door open for a senior citizen. He is very open with his emotions. I can glance at him and see him gently putting Katie's hair behind her ear.
Callahan can fix anything...ANYTHING! he took apart a car at age 12, fixed it,  sand blasted it and repainted it. He has fix computers, garbage disposals, doors, cars, lawn mowers, bikes to name a few. 
I was laying in bed the other night and heard powers tools in the garage. The next morning he said he was bored so he built a table. (he had friends over in the garage last weekend and felt bad that one of the fathers had to drop off a long table for them to sit at while hanging and listening to music)
My hope is that callahan has the most amazing summer before entering high school. He is spending a week overnight at the Illinois Math and Science Academy in Aurora where he is taking a summer  Energy/physics camp. He will get a taste of dorm life as he has wanted to go to HS there since 3rd grade when he walked out of his 1st IMSA camp saying

 "I love it, I am finally with kids that are just like me"



Older brother build character!

Look at my guys, Love them!
 Missing my Karrick in this picture, he was off chatting with the graduated girls



Callahan has just an amazing group of friends, together and tight  since 1st grade. These friend are one of the main reasons I didn't have Callahan moved up a grade early on
On the morning of the Dance, Gayle got all the boys and us moms together at 7:15 am for pictures. These are the pictures I shot
 We have watched these boys grow and mature into fine young men. I cant belive they will all be starting freshman year together...they were just babies yesterday







 330 kids graduated from GWMS
 We are all so proud of Callahan, a kind, thoughtful and caring young man. You are the real deal and we love you to pieces
Callahan is destine make a difference in this world!

You are an original

No comments: