©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Aug 29, 2009

1 st day of kindergarten

The foggy first day


Karrick had his first day of Kindergarten on
Wednesday. He loved it. This week was half days
and starting Monday he'll have all day Kindergarten.

After the 1st day each child was assessed individually.
When it was Karricks turn to go in the classroom,
I heard him say, as the door was closing
"I'm just letting you know, I can't read yet"

I couldn't make out what they were saying,
but I could hear Mrs. Misar laughing

When they were done Karrick showed me
his classroom...every last
detail including the
"bathroom right in the classroom, mom"

Mrs. Misar said Karrick did very well
(they don't share until conferences)
but, she did say:
"he is a very funny child...I love funny kids"

Well, then she is going to love Karrick!
he has that innocent little kid honesty
that just cracks everyone up

He had homework the first day
when I told him, his reply
as he made a face and threw his arms up in disgust

"come on, I gotta do homework, what the..."
(he knows better then to add the "HELL" on the end)

and proceeded to do his "all about me bag"
to share with the class

He was clearly mimicking his older brothers
response to years of homework,
but he loved it




No comments: