©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Aug 25, 2009

Karma is a bitch


We have been so busy this summer that our beautiful deck
has been neglected. We had 4 very large hornet nests
2 under the hot tub lid flap and 2 under the deck
railing. I took pride using the Hotshot
wasp spray. You could stand back 5 feet and just blast the little suckers.
It took a couple days and a couple shots, but the nests were gone!

Today I decided to cut our 12 inch long grass in the back
yard (another neglected area)
Something pinched my leg and I reached down to
pull out the little thorn that pricked me.

HELLO...no thorn

A wasp stuck in my leg and all of the sudden
I was being stung under my arm.
Much to my horror, I was covered in hornets.
They were stuck on my shirt, I started screaming
because they stung my t-shirt so the stingers were
trapper in the fibers.


I had no choice but to run screaming to the house
discarding articles of clothing along the way

I ran up to my room half naked
and of course Cal had a buddy over.

Tj heard me scream and ran upstairs,
no 13 year old needs to see their mama naked
(another dollar added to the therapy fund)


Welts, I have welts and I hurt
and anyone who claims Hornet stings don't hurt can kiss my ass.
Did you know the Hornet will alert the entire nest
and they will all go into attack mode.

  • Hornets are more painful than a typical wasp's due to a large amount (5%) of acetylcholine.
As in all stinging wasps, hornets can sting multiple times—they do not die after stinging a human,

Those little fuckers got me and got me good.
My lawn mower sits all alone at the end of path of
freshly cut grass...where it will stay

My clothes are where they will remain...on the deck

I know those little buggers are still alive in my
discarded clothing....just waiting

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hornets are vengeful creatures! I hope you are okay! Yikes.