©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Aug 11, 2009

the bogeyman



For the last month or so, Karrick has
been sleeping on our recliner up in our bedroom.
Karrick said he was afraid to sleep in his own room

When I questioned him he replied:

"Callahan teached me about the bogeyman"

Crap! of course he did...total cal

For the last month we have explained over and over
that Cal is tricking you blah blah...
Karrick wasn't buying it...the bogeyman is real,
because apparently Cal's word is Gospel

After he would fall asleep we would put him in his bed
only to have him wake up a short time later
and climb back on the recliner

While at the library I stumbled across the this book
hoping to prove the bogeyman doesn't exist

<span class=


As I read page after scary page Karrick was
wide eyed, he didn't know whether to laugh
or cry

After this page he kept repeating

"TJ he's doesn't get ya, the bogeyman doesn't get ya"

I can't wait for the last page that
will read:

"there is no bogeyman, it's just
something snotty older brothers do the scare little boys"

I turn the final page all the while fantasizing about a good nights
sleep with no teeth grinding

and this is what greets me



Seriously, seriously!?, this is the end
Come on!


So the good news is, Karrick no longer sleeps on our recliner
the bad news, He sleep in our bed!
all the while
kicking, thrashing and grinding his teeth

Really!? Seriously!? Come on guys

"it's me the bogeyman under your bed" ?

Now what the Hell am I suppose to do?

How about a disclaimer on the cover that reads:

WILL NOT INVALIDATE THE LEGITIMACY OF THE BOGEYMAN


I googled the book and this is what they said:


"In this accurate appraisal of nighttime fear, a bona fide Bogeyman describes his terror tactics. The disembodied Bogeyman, represented as two icy-blue hands with spiky scarlet fingernails, traps a boy at bedtime."

Didn't think to put that on the book jacket?


No comments: