©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Oct 21, 2010

insanity

 My life has become insane, all I do is drive from one place to another, all day long every day. Last week I took Karrick for his meeting at Lily's Talent. He was rejected...the kid has no teeth...seriously! I was completely shocked and stunned. My kids don't get rejected...other kids do. Well, actually they said...bring him back when his teeth come in. After the meeting I took Karrick to the Lego Store on Michigan Ave...pretty cool. A high school buddy works at Nordstrom so Karrick and I popped in the say Hello! 
 How cute is the skiddles dress?

 That night, still feeling rejected, I get home to find TJ has a movie audition the next day at Columbia college. It is a student film and is union (SAG) After work I dash home to get a monologue for the kid to recite, then rush off to pick up TJ from football. He has exactly 2 hours to shower, eat, memorize and audition. TJ refused to leave football early(fear of the coach calling him "a pretty boy") we should all have such worries.


TJ nailed his monologue, so the casting director gave him sides to the movie (script) told him to take 10min and memorize, which he did. The very next morning TJ got a callback...YAY scheduled for Sat at 5pm. 
He played football in the morning, then we cancelled a different audition and went to his callback. He did excellent, the casting directors called me in to make sure he was available on the 4 shoot dates and confirm it was okay for TJ to miss school. We really thought he would get the role, but he didn't...could be as simple as not resembling his younger movie brother as much as another hopeful. My kids are tough and don't take it to heart, something as simple as hair color can knock you right off the cast list.
Tuesday Callahan booked a shoot for Ginny's Catalog shooting in Willowbrook . He finished the entire shoot in less than 30 min while pocketing $90. Callahan now has 5 ads coming out in the next few months

With the rest of the day free, Callahan tinkered in the garage and built a working Trebuchet from scratch.  ...a pretty productive day for an 11 year old. I had to run off to the Neurosurgeon (can't make this shit up) I am having radio frequency Ablation for the 3rd time next week. Nerves C2-7 on the left and C3-5 on the right will be cut with a laser. I can't turn my head. sleep or move w/o gut wrenching pain. Brutal, brutal...multiple strong pain pills barely touch the pain
I am honestly exhausted. I do work 25 miles away 4 days a week, have 3 kids in 3 different schools and I am back to pick Karrick up everyday at 3:15. Well I often call a fellow mom to say "I'll be there in 10 min". The boys all play on the playground for 30 min anyway. I have gone downtown a minimum of 3 times a week for the past 5 weeks. It is a lot and I'm ready for a break.
Tonight TJ had his final football game, he played up on the A team and played the majority of the game. He has decided to wrestle for Glenbard East...the football coaches have been pressuring him for weeks now. I'm happy for him, but also feel a little Aarrggh!!! He will earn the coveted "3 sport letter" because he really is a baseball player which starts right after wrestling
This weekend we are heading to Michigan to my brother Jim's new lake house...it looks spectacular and we are thrilled.
I've complained long enough, I truly love the constant go go go. It's all I know and I am lucky to have kids that can do what they do...they are all pretty amazing in their own ways. I honestly couldn't do it without the help of my Tim...we make a great tag team 






No comments: