©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 10, 2011

keeping the magic


I was going to write about trying to keep the belief and magic as long as possible as Karrick still believes. As soon as I type the post title, I realize I didn't move "Alfie" our Elf on the Shelf, Elf" last night. I was out late and just forgot. I sneak downstairs while Karrick is with one of the brothers, get Alfie sitting in position, covered in Nerds. I turn around and get a

"BUSTED...OH YEAH!"

Karrick is spying from the stairs.....SHIT!

I was under suspicion anyway as I was caught off guard last week by Karrick. As we were leaving to attend the lightening ceremony, Karrick made a comment about

 "what a dumb place for Alfie to hide...on my sock drawer knob" "I couldn't even get my socks"

Before I could sensor myself I let out a giant

"I wasn't even thinking about you getting your socks..."

"OMG! I HEARD YOU!!!"
came bellowing out of his mouth with a 7 year old index finger pointed my way, before I finished my sentence. We all scrambled to cover my "oops". I thought all was forgotten as Karrick was delighted each morning when finding Alfie or when he was found on the couch in the middle of a frosted Mini wheat mess.

 Karrick even exclaimed "What a naughty little Elf"


So freaking proud of himself. I know we are safe with Santa....for now

Complete change of story from beginning to end in blog post

No comments: