©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Jan 9, 2013

Bootcamp

TJ and I signed up for a 6 week boot camp at Iron Dragon Innovative Training Facility in Lomabrd. The class meets every M-W-F from 5:30 - 6:30 pm.
It is a get down and dirty gym. They train professional MMA fighter's (mixed martial Arts)

web shots from Iron Dragon website

I have too many ailments, that working out at my healthclub just wasn't working. I would just end up in muscle spasm Hell!
The instructor Mick is great, he motivates and the stuff we do....anyone can do. We do a lot of core strengthing circuits which keeps everyone moving. There are about 8 of us in the class...TJ, another teen and the rest of them are in my age bracket.
My body is riddled with arthitis and the best thing is to work out and keep moving. It hurts like HELL, but a good burning hurt.
I may sign TJ up with a personal trainer after bootcamp to get him back into chiseled shape
Today kicked my ass, we ran on the prarie path for the last 1/2 hr. I did a walk fast/run slow type of deal....by the end I was walking and wanted to faint. Blood sugar plummeted ...nothing like getting into your car and shoving 5 mini NestleCrunch bars down your throat. No I am not diabetic...I have been tested for everything sugar related. I just have a fast metabolism and I didn't eat enough dinner.

2 classes down and 16 left. I may weigh and measure myself tomorrow and see if anything changes  by the end of camp
Wish me luck!

No comments: