©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Sep 8, 2008

Meet the Mcginty's










Where to start? My dear friend and former across the alley neighbor Melissa enticed me to blog. I have 3 boys Tj 12, Callahan 9, and Karrick 4. Our weekends consist of baseball, from April thru October. Saturday both older boys had games at the same time, same field next to each other. We killed 2 birds with one stone. Tj eats and sleeps baseball from the moment he put his mitt on the wrong hand at age 5 in Oak Park t-ball. He plays in-house, travel and Fall ball in town. Fall ball being the lowest on the baseball food chain. He is the only kid that can pitch so he is getting a lot of practice. Tj had a great game pitching. No one can hit his fast ball. Sadly their team lost as 11 year olds can only pitch 2 innings.He has a late August birthday and misses the 12yo cut off, so has to play 11yo ball. Fall ball is suppose to be fun and instructional and our team needs a lot of instruction. TJ has and always has played to win. This is very frustrating for him and not w/o tears. It is however, teaching him humility and commitment to stick it out even when the team sucks. I know not nice to say. Callahan won his game as he has a great team(all luck of the draw teams) new team every year.
Sundays games were in Glen Ellyn at noon and 4:30. Cal and the Bulldogs won and TJ and the Stallions lost, but looked a little better. TJ pitched a great 2 innings, unfortunately 2 innings doesn't win the game. But he was grinning as he struck out his friends from travel on the opposing team. TJ had a great attitude and was down right funny. That is worth its weight in gold. A hard lesson, but a good one. He came off a very successful travel season 4 trophies out of 5 tournaments and 1 MVP medal. Fall Ball is very hard for him to swallow and will be his last year. Next year he will try out for the Dupage training Academy's Fall team. He currently has a former pro ballplayer as his private pitching coach 2 times a week for the next 2 months at the Academy.

I rode my big pink schwinn 1950 bike to the game towing Karrick in the trailer 6.5 miles round trip. When we were leaving for the game, Patrick my dog was barking and carrying on. I thought of letting him in the house...I didn't. After returning home I noticed Patrick was missing. We have a gap in the new fence and Patrick who is over protective of the kids left the yard in search of Karrick . After searching the neighborhood, I finally called the police. Someone found him 3 blocks over and the Police brought him to the Dupage animal hospital. The Animal hospital had already closed for the day, but the wonderful town police dept said they would meet me at the hospital and open the door. I was floored. How kind. It also reinforced the lack of crime in our town. Patrick has the micro chip, but I never updated our address. It came up Oak Park. As we were leaving the pound my 4 year old says "Patrick is a son-of-a-bitch"! If you think about it, he is...Get it. I had a
good chuckle.

.We have this lovely water feature in our living room.every time it rains. The day I bought my new cute chocolate brown couch the roof started to leak. Drip Drip Drip as it hit the leather. Tim, my husband got on the roof and fixed the leak. We couldn't fix the ceiling until we were sure the problem was corrected. It didn't rain in the living room when I sprayed the roof with the garden hose. I couldn't believe our luck. I get up at 6am because the middle school bus picks up TJ at 7:10 am. As I walked down the stairs in the dark, sleep still
in my eyes I hear drip drip drip... I am determined to find the leak, so up the ladder we go (as soon as it stops raining of course" In the mean time a large bowl sits of the couch.




Trying to take a picture of 3 boys is hard enough w/o giant waves hitting them.



Just a cute pic of karrick at the up at the lake 9/1/08




3 comments:

Mel said...

Your water feature is priceless!! I cannot imagine the value added to your home by having a waterfall in the living room!!

Welcome to blogging...once you get the hang of it all I think you will love it!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Mary you are so funny! Although my Snoop got out just a few weeks after we adopted him and my heart was broken too....thank goodness the gal down the street took him and and cared from him until out paths crossed again 5 hours later! I too have a waterfall issue....they call them Water Damns! I was thrilled to overcome that obstacle! Water...you can't live in it but you can't live without it!