©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Sep 30, 2008

Tuesday




Today I had a day off due to the Jewish holiday. My boss of 23 years is Jewish so I get all the Jewish holidays off ...Nice. A free day all to myself....hmmmmm. My plan is to get all boys, to all schools and then go shopping by myself for myself. Perfect plan in theory. TJ gets off with out a hitch. I get cal and karrick loaded in the van. I can't drop Cal off until 8:15 (no adult supervision until then) then I have 10 minutes to get across town to Karricks school. It takes 15 minutes and he's always late, but i'm over it. Anyway, I get Cal and Kar in the van just to find the battery dead. Crap! "Cal, walk to school" ( It's down the block) . I get my portable charger out and got to work. This is a regular occurance with us. 15 min goes by and no charge. On any other day I would grab karrick, go back in the house and put on Oprah. NOT on my special day alone.
I get the van going, Karrick is a 1/2 late for preschool and off to the mall I go! I told Karrick I would get him at 11:30 instead of 3 and we would go to McDonalds playland. I am lovin my shopping when the cell rings. Damn it's cals school, "come pick him up he's sick". Not w/o my purchaces! I tell the school nurse " give me a 1/2 hour" and I grab my loot and get in line. I waited for the manager to come and re-ring up the lady in front of me so she can redeem her 10% off coupon. Fianally my turn. I get to the school at 11:10 grab Cal, and rush to get Karrick by 11:30. I throw some tylenol in Cal (allergy induced headache) and off we go to McD's. Karrick goes down the slide once and informs me that, "That little girl over there peed in the tunnel"
"of course she did" I reply. The men with the mops walk in and we walk out.
It's just my life...


No comments: