©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Nov 21, 2008

Pinching Pennies and the The luck of The Irish

TJ informed me this morning that he needed new shoes. S_ _ _ ! I think to myself, I know he's growing, but $80 shoes every 2+ months. He informed me that they do indeed still fit." They are just ripped and plastic is cutting the back of my foot" he says innocently. "Oh no no" I say. He that walks on the back of his shoes, must suffer the consequences. To teach him a valuable lesson about taking care of things, I pull out the universal solution to all broken things. DUCK tape! I hand him back his refurbished skate shoe, just waiting for his "please mom, I can't..." Much to my surprise, I got "cool mom, there are lots of kids at school that have Duck tape holding their shoes together" All mom's of 7th graders think alike.



My neighbor Doug comes over and says "Hey, so and so has Duck tape on his shoes too" Smiling to myself, I feel awfully hip.

Still smiling, I pull into the gas station just to see gas under 2 bucks! Now I'm beside myself with glee. Before I can even say "Cha-ching" and fill my tank. The price drops 10 cents a gallon!
With my extra savings, I decide to treat myself to a cup of Dunkin Dounts coffee inside the gas station. Apparently everyone else has the same idea. Screw the long line. I'll cross the street where gas is 16 cents higher and buy a cup of coffee and save a buck fifty. I'm on a roll....The new cashier informs me she rang up my large coffee as a medium, therefore saving me 20 cents.

Do I even dare to dream...

No comments: