©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Nov 2, 2008

Will it ever end?

Just when I thought Halloween was over, I was informed that we had one more adventure. The Lombard Jaycee's Haunted House. The Jaycee's set up shop in an abandoned theater. Kids under 10 are not allowed in, but a scary show goes on outside. The most horrifying creatures lurk around. The scariest had to be 'the chainsaw massacre" dude. He would slither through the crowd and come up behind some unsuspecting patron while revving up a real chainsaw. I have never been more terrified in my life. Karrick didn't know whether to laugh or cry. When some ghoul came by he would jump into my arms. Even with the Lombard police dept camped outside, no one felt safe. Once TJ, Cal and myself got the OK to enter, things just got worse. Complete darkness engulfed us while we made our way through a maze of madness while screaming for our lives.I just kept thinking when will this end? Exiting a 1/2 hour later with hearts pounding and bodies shaking, we had to laugh. A perfect end to a long week. Tim and Cal went through it at midnight on Halloween night. As they exited, they looked at each other and said "we need to get mom to go through". Thanks guys, for thinking of me, I'll probably never sleep again
















No comments: