©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Nov 10, 2008

USLA- Cocoa Beach Fla



































It was time for the Fall USLA Board of Directors meeting held in Cocoa Beach Florida. I decided to bring the boys for some fun in the sun and sneak in a little education. Lifeguards come from all over the country. Some I have known for 20+ years others I met at the Spring meeting in Kauai.I decided to indulge and surprise the kids with a limo for our ride to the airport.













We stayed at the Holiday Inn Ocean front Resort. It was very family friendly. We arrived a day early and had the place to ourselves. I can tell TJ is growing up...he likes alone time.


































I booked the 2 bedroom loft with the full
kitchen. With 3 little boys it turned
out to be a great decision

































































The Lands End "slimming" suit was well worth
my $80. I don't care if you're 125 or 325, this
suit shaves off 20 lbs just by putting it on.
You get used to the somewhat labored breathing.
What we gals do....



Sports Illustrated eat your heart out







































We made friends with a wonderful family from
England that were there on "holiday"
They pulled their kids out of school for 3 weeks.
I didn't feel so bad, I only pulled mine out for 1.








Now the education part...a trip to NASA! We had
a great time. What amazed me was the size of the rockets. I've never seen them up close before. The kids got to see how our space program has evolved over the last 40+ years. We did ride the "Shuttle Launch Experience" Not a smooth ride.
I felt our blast off the next day as I hobbled to the pool, pausing every couple of steps and waiting for the angry muscle spasms in my lower back to subside. Once I safely made it,I popped a Vicodin and a muscle relaxer, plopped my fat ass in a chaise and didn't move for the next hour. My back today, reminds me that I am not cut out for any trips that require leaving our atmosphere.



Actual capsule, looking at 2 seats through window...I think not
























A lot of playing on the beach























































At the closing banquet
I was awarded the"Meritorious Act Award"
for saving a mans life in Kauai. A 30 yo man dove in the surf and broke his neck. He is now a quadriplegic for life.I happened to be swimming 10 feet away from the man when I saw his limp body rolling in the surf. The horror one must feel, not able to move your arms and legs while being bashed around in 2 feet of water. Myself and another guy pulled him out. I maintained c-spine and calmed the man down until help arrived.He was airlifted to Oahu. I think about him often. I was not expecting an award, but was glad my boys were there to share with me.



"

















No comments: