©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Jan 16, 2009

Royalties...Callahan Style

Callahan got a little surprise in the mail...a check from FORD. He did a shoot 2 years ago for SC Johnson and Family. To date for this campaign he has pulled in close to $2000 for his 2 hrs of work. I was in Walmart two summers ago and saw the giant display. I pretty much had to jump through hoops to bring it home. I assured the manager that the bug spray would still sell (his friggin picture was all over the display) if she let me walk out with "my babies picture" When you do big ads you get paid usage, which he got right off the bat plus his $90 a hour fee. Now last January a surprise check came for $500. They renewed his contract and his image was put on coupons .75 cents off the OFF....hahahha. What is this $150 dollar check is for? I don't know until I see him in a store. It's become the thrill on the hunt. He only received $43.00 of the $150 because $75 was owed for the last 5 months of his head shot displayed on the FORD website. $32 to Ford for their commission. The website fee is a business expense of $15 a month that all models pay. Since child models are paid a min of $75 dollars an hour it is well worth the investment. Is it weird that all my kids have filed individual tax returns at least once? Karrick being the youngest at age 2 for a Sears commercial.

Love the hugh placard, but very had to fit in with our decor





No comments: