©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Jul 31, 2013

Research Inquiry & Experimentation- RISE



A few weeks ago I received an email from the Illinois Math and Science Academy in Aurora asking if Callahan would be interested in a new pilot program called RISE.
It is a high level year long college readiness program for exceptional student entering grade 9-12.

Duh! YES, I replied

2 days ago I received an application invitation. I had Tim register Callahan immediately. My experience with the summer programs are, they fill up ASAP. Nowhere else that I am aware of caters to these students that rank nationally in the top 1 - 2 %.
Callahan said he is up for the challenge.

I don't have all the information on this program, but what I do know is
it starts in 2 weeks

Program description: This year long course is intended for students who are interested in pursing a higher level year long, in depth study in a scienctific topic of their choosing. Succesful students in this course with be self-motivated and independent learners. The course will give student an opportunity to participate in a community of scientific research and scholarship

Course benefits


1.  Learn skills necessary to to conduct independent research and report your findings
2.  Choose a topic of your own interest
3.  Collaborate with other high school students involved in independent research and connect with a          research expert in your field of inguiry as an e-mentor
5.  Conduct authentic research
6.  Present your findings at various reginal/ state venus
7.  Select colleges and universities are seeking independent research experience 
     from top candidates

This should be an interesting and defining year for my Callahan


No comments: