©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Feb 9, 2009

Fighting Back


Three years ago this past November I was in a car accident.
A 76 year old man with Alzheimer's blew through a intersection.
I was on my way to a photo shoot with Callahan and Karrick
I thank God that I was driving the old Ford Explorer aka: the Tank.
It was totaled but we were intact.
Funny, the day before I removed the car seats as
I did periodically to re install them for a tight fit.
I suffered whiplash and permanent nerve damage. I have had nerve relocation surgery on my right elbow. I have also had 4 outpatient procedures Facet Injections
at C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 on both sides. I have also had numerous
trigger point injections. I take Lyrica
for constant burning, tingling pain in my arms and hands.
I will have a headache and neck pain for life.
The doctors and I get a good laugh during all
my injections due to the loud bubble popping noise as each needle
is injected. That is due to the chronic inflammation and muscle spasms.
The noise is worse than the pain of the needle. Very gross.
My activity with my boys has been forever altered

I honestly would take a painless life over any monetary settlement
No amt can replace what I've lost

Now to my Fighting Back
I am pledging to my family to get back in shape and rejoin the world
pain or no pain.
I know there are things I can change in my diet to reduce Cortisol
levels. It is a horrible side effect of all the steroids that have been pumped in me.
Melissa, I need your acupuncture lady. Only referrals are in Naperville. To far!
I am going to document it all on a separate blog
to keep me motivated and to hopefully see the transformation
After 3 years of moping around, I'm getting off my ass and will
FIGHT BACK!

Cheesy as cheesy can be... I KNOW

Sunday February 8th 2009

I went to the movies last night while Tim had movie night with the boys at home. I saw "he's just not that into you'. I liked it a lot. A feel good chick movie.



The last 3 mornings this is what I wake up to. Karrick comes in to our room in
the middle of the night. He says my chair has
"Scrumphty Bumps"
translation: Very soft
TJ warming up at his basketball game. They won! and I have nothing to say about the game. Sorry TJ, I chatted with the mom's the whole time. Baseball season is right around the corner and we had lots to discuss
To the general public all the games look the same
anyway

No comments: