©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Feb 15, 2009

A Quick Trip Downtown

Today the USLA had a get together downtown at WestEnd Tavern
in honor of Bill and Donna Richardson of Huntington Beach Ca.
Bill is a former President of the USLA
Many old-old lifeguards showed up, some I haven't seen in 27 years.
Yeah, I think Erin and I were the babies of the group
The first words out of Bill's mouth was "did you get your award?"
"No" I reply....opps
Surprise was blown. Joe Pec ( former head of Chicago Beach and Pool and
current Pres of Great Lakes Chapter)
decided to throw a party this summer
and present my official award (temp awarded in Florida)
when my family could be there
It doesn't get much better than these people
I was awarded the Meritorious Act Award for saving a man in the ocean
on the island of Kauai this past April.
The 31 yo man dove in the surf and broke his neck, he is a
quadriplegic


Not a fire, just the sun setting on my way home


No comments: