©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Feb 14, 2009

Memories



After Callahan won his basketball game we headed over to the
local Diary Queen in downtown Lombard.
It opened in 1953 and I don't think much has
changed. It sells only ice cream and has only outside 
walk up windows.
Last night was the season's opener. It only closes for 3 or 4 months out 
of the year.
Today they were giving out free cones! One would not 
know it was only 35 degrees outside
Diary Queen is always surrounded with people.
In the summer you will find baseball players of all ages, in dirty 
uniforms eating ice cream after a big win hanging around the parking lot.
It has that small town old fashion feeling to it. You will always know most
of the people there . It's just fun.
I think everyone was trying to "feel the summer" after
this endless winter



The 3 Musketeers




Memories of Yesterday

I traveled to Oak Park today for my 1st acupuncture appointment. My girlfriend Mel has had positive results using Chinese medicine. During my consultation my history was taken.
I had reveal my dislike for food prep and meals. Chinese medicine recommends that I eat warm
foods (soup) and drink warm beverages(tea)
I can do that
I couldn't hide my horror when "Julia" asked about my feet. I have foot phobia,
I went out of my comfort zone, removed my socks and yes, let her insert
the tiny needles in my feet and toes.
Mel suggested I turn myself over to the experience...
How'd I Do?
I must admit my nervous were tweaked for a little while following my procedure.
Tweaked, meaning my nerves were overstimulated and somewhat 
uncomfortable. 
Within a few hours I felt pretty good, a little more mobility. I
am going back next week!  



While I was in Oak Park I went by our old homes; many memories came back.
I drove around the neighborhood and reminisced with myself




I had to take multiple pictures of out last house because It was friggin huge
I do miss all that space and the character of a 100 year old home 
I don't miss the enormous heating and repair bills


This was our first home, a cute 5 room bungalow. I probably have my
best memories from this home. Callahan was born while we lived here.
I only went in the office 1 day a week and was able to walk to Rehm pool everyday with TJ
TJ still talks about his 3rd birthday party celebrated at this home
Life was so easy and peaceful. It's amazing how fast it all goes
TJ goes to high school in 2 years

1 comment:

Mel said...

We could pull out some staggering pictures of our tiny kids in the swimming pool in the back yard of that Lombard house! It is amazing how time has flown by!