©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Mar 24, 2009

When a House is a Home

As I brought the garbage cans to the curb this morning
making sure to dodge all the crap that adorns my
driveway, it hit me. We are "that house"
Instead of being mortified, I wear my badge of disarray
with honor. I stood and just took in the sight.
I have a house full of boys, my 3 and always
extras. Kids are always coming and going until the sun goes down
My property is littered with scooters, rip sticks, basketballs and footballs.
Hot wheels, that have gravitated to the neighbors lawn. Ready to choke any lawn mower that gets in their way.
My garage is always home to foreign bikes, left long after kids get picked up due to darkness
Chalk pieces that have been discarded after the 4 square
has been drawn
All items lay there frozen in time, waiting for the sounds of kids
being kids
I enjoy my kids friends, nice kids from nice families.
I like knowing where my kids are
I also get a lot of information about what's going on in the
 middle and elementary schools

I love being "that house" 

Not the biggest or fanciest, just
a home that my kids are proud to share with their friends