©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Nov 20, 2009

The Annual Christmas Card Picture


This was our first digital Christmas card 10 years ago, It
was taken at our first house in Oak Park, a tiny tiny
bungalow we rented. This is where I met my
across the alley neighbor Melissa. 10 years
later this is a fitting picture of Callahan. He is pulling
TJ's hat. To this day he is my mischievous one

For as long as I can remember I have loved photography. I have
been taking pictures for over 30 years. It wasn't until TJ was
born did I become obsessed, as you all know, he was
the first child born...ever. One would think that Tim and I
invented the baby boy.
My love of pictures is probably what started my kids
in the modeling world some 7 or 8 years ago, not
to mention TJ was possibly the cutest toddler ever.
since TJ was born some 13 + years ago, I have sent out a
 picture Christmas card. I would start thinking months in advance
on my theme. I got a good three years out of the Santa suits.
I already have this years picture in my head. As the boys get older
they are not as willing as I would like to jump in a tub of bubbles.
I have enclosed some of my past Christmas pictures
(the handy ones) We didn't start with the digital until 1999

I love this picture, it was 2000 and he had just moved into
our giant enormous home, still in Oak Park. I filled the
tub with bubbles and the boys hopped in


2001, Very very cute picture...too cute not to use. It was taken by
Socko for FORD models. The color is much deeper
on the 24 x16 that still adorns my living room wall


Madeira Beach 2002...again the color is much
deeper. I had to scan a home printed old photo. Almost
all our old digitals are saved to a disk due to
over 10,000 pictures of just the 2 boys


Tim and TJ 1997 Wrigleyville


1999



2007 Keystone Co
TJ  just got his braces...Wow...ouch




2008 Lombard
I just love this picture. Absolutely
nothing is forced, pure ease with the camera


I found this Polaroid of Patrick, it has nothing to
do with Christmas but boy is he cute.

I was reading my friend Melissa's blog list
and one of her friends talked about a favorite
cooking blog. Okay, I don't cook, I am the opposite
of a foodie. Food to me is like breathing, you do it or you die.
Oh, I like to eat, I just don't like to make it.
I totally admire people that can cook
Anyway,
I checked out this blog The Pioneer women and this lady
also has a photography blog, OMG the pics
are incredible and she has a tutorial for dummies for
 taking pictures and then photo shop.
I have never used photo shop
You never know what you may find reading strangers blogs.
I have a very expensive camera, but can't work all the bells
and whistles. I am enrolled to take a 14 hr photography
class starting Jan 5. With my kids growing up
it is time to pursue my passion.
Some day I will post some of my better
pictures of which none are photo shopped.



No comments: