©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Nov 13, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

Karrick's decorated Turkey
foil leaves and candy corn

I took the day off  work to volunteer in Karrick's
kindergarten classroom. I forgot how cute and honest
5 year olds are. I was helping kids decorate a blank cut-out
of a house. They were to write their house number on it
and make it look like their real home.
Well, one little girl drew a large 3 pane window with
a beautiful semi-circle window above it on the second floor.
I asked if that was her bedroom and she replied:

"oh no, that is my mommy's master bedroom and
my daddy has the little bedroom down the hall"


 moving right along


cell phone grainy picture 



I'll never forget when my Callahan was in preschool
at the Academy of Movement and Music in Oak Park
I worked in the 3 year old classroom while Callahan
was upstairs in the 4 year class. I needed to take a
personnel day and when I came to pick Cal up a few
of the moms shared a little gem with me. It turns
out it was sharing day so when it was Cals turn
he stood up and said:

"my mommy couldn't come to work today because she 
had to go see the judge"


The horror!
 It was for a speeding ticket, but Mrs. Donna
didn't know that

The horror is that these teachers probably know
way too much about our personal lives. Little
kids lack filters and just belt it out. I would have
never known had these moms not been volunteering that day.

A few years back I taught 1 st grade CCD at Sacred Heart, the
stuff that came out of these kids mouths was amazing.
None of us are safe..ever wonder why teachers look at you
funny at conferences....hmm? Think about it

No comments: