©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Mar 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Tim and Mary
March 8, 2010

14 years ago today 2 people were joined together



Over a month ago Tim asked me to get a babysitter for the weekend of Mar 5-7th. That is all I was told. He planned a special weekend to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. Friday we got in the car and I had no idea which way we would head. Turns out we were spending the weekend in Lake Geneva at the very
romantic  Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast. He got me and got me good, I never would of guessed anything like it. We stayed in the Tree house Suite which was magical


I shorted out my flash in Colorado so I had to use the night time setting and then correct the color

  If your idea of a romantic Lake Geneva WI B and B honeymoon

includes a double whirlpool with fragrant bubbles and a cozy fireplace that can be viewed from any place in the room, you've just found it!
    Our romantic B and B will make your honeymoon special with lots of candles scattered throughout the room and great amenities throughout your stay.
Check out our honeymoon à la carte for additional Lake Geneva romantic B and B honeymoon ideas...gorgeous bouquets, silk rose petals that we'll strew upon the bed...even romantic CDs!



.
 Birdhouses, watering cans and baskets decorate this romantic suite.  Honeysuckle vine with wisteria flowers and miniature white lights meandering through it are on the ceiling above the bed and sitting area.
    A dining area for two is by the windows that overlook the grounds.




    The Enchanted Treehouse is our only two-story suite. Your shower is on the first floor, then you go up a private staircase to your room. (It is totally private - you can go to the shower in your pj's and no one knows!)  There is a half bath on the second floor.

some pictures and  text copied from website




that is me on our deck...oh the starts at night. We don't get that in Chicago...millions of big bright starts at night



This is the wool Irish hat I bought Tim for our anniversary...I think he looks adorable


Our Saturday night dinner was at the Hunt Club in The Geneva National Golf Club. Below I got to wear my teeny tiny black dress. I went on a special diet for the dress. In 1 month I lost 12 lbs and I felt wonderful in it


Friday night we went out for Italian food at Cafe Calamari . I thought it was possibly the best Italian food I ever had. During the day we walked and shopped all over downtown Lake Geneva and spent many hours at the Lake front.



A race track was plowed on the frozen lake for dirt bikes...ahhhhh, not in this lifetime


We spent 2 1/2 days together...alone! we laughed, we snuggled, we gazed at each other, we had no worries and it was wonderful. I will remember this anniversary forever.
Tim is the most romantic man that I have ever met, I haven't  heard a story from someone else that can top what he put together this weekend. He planned this by himself and was able to keep me in the dark until we pulled up to the lodge. I was just speechless..the thought and care that was put into this is beyond words.
Thank You so much

Happy Anniversary
I Love you!


1 comment:

Mel said...

Happy Anniversary Mary and Tim! Looks and sounds like you had an amazing romantic celebration!