©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 20, 2009

A day in Long Grove



Saturday morning we headed to Long Grove for a day with grandma and grandpa McGinty. Karrick hung out inside with grandma while I headed to Deer Park mall for some retail therapy. Tim grew up here and there is no shortage of things to do. The boys brought their sleds and snowboards as grandma has her own hill. Their home sits on 6+ acres and being that grandpa owns a tree company the grounds are a photographers dream.The landscaping is something out of a magazine. There are many buildings in mint condition. Here is the 10,000 sq foot barn that boasts a basketball court inside. In the summer we enjoy the in ground pool, kayaking on the pond and driving around on golf carts. It's a mini vacation just 20 min from Lombard.


TJ and his dog heading to the hill



TJ going down and at the bottom is Callahan splat on the ground after crashing into the bushes. Yes, the boys built a ramp half way down...hence me going shopping, I can't watch

Tim's bro Brian and my niece Marisa

sometimes my Karrick seems so tiny to me





Patrick just runs wild protecting everyone from some phantom danger, maybe he senses the coyotes or deer that roam. Click on Patrick and see his psycho eyes

My all time favorite tree a 200+ year old Oak tree that is protected





Cal and his friend Ben that spent the weekend with us warming up by the fire

Marisa's cute snowman

4 comments:

Mel said...

What a gorgeous and perfect day!

blogger said...

Mary, your blog is really awesome, i suggest you to try blogerzoom for advertsing and marketing to your blog, let other people view yur blog and appreciate your hardwork which you do to maintain your blog..

Anonymous said...

nice work babe

tim.

Anonymous said...

Your Long Grove Pics are beautiful! I loved visiting the "McGinty Farm" in the winters. I enjoyed in the summer too. It is a peaceful home! I would go snowmobiling & play football w/your older Bro-in-laws! It was a blast!

You have a wonderful blog! I enjoy reading your posts. You and your stories make me smile! Keep up the good work. Vicki P.