©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 11, 2009

He's not quite there....yet




My boys were off of school today. I brought Karrick to work with me and while we were driving, out of the blue he says
 "Mommy you're so fat,
Your tummy can turn the steering wheel"


Me: "What?! What did you say?"


With the look of horror he says
"just kidding" it's okay if you say  "just kidding"


Then it hit me Callahan...the older brother

When you have a large age gap between kids as I do, sometimes things get lost in translation. Callahan almost 11 is hugely into the "yo momma's so fat..." jokes.


Yo momma's so fat,
she makes Free Willy look like a tic tac

Yo momma's so fat,
when she walked in front of the TV I missed 3 commercials

Yo momma's so fat,
when she went to the beach Greenpeace tried to drag her back in the water.

  I can thank the iPod touch that Callahan owns for this fun fun phase.
Karrick was trying to be like his older brother, but being only 5 he just not there...yet. It also hit me that Karrick, while so young in many ways, is also "that kid" in his class that knows just a little bit more than he should. He has been known to get arrested by the cops in "Need for speed most wanted" and we have caught him playing "Call of duty, Modern Warfare 2" . It's a sticky situation when he tries to explain these games on the playground...I put up my hands and say "older brothers"
PS: the kid is damn good in Sim City...what that game has done for his math skills...

No comments: