©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 26, 2009

Christmas and a little more bling

I was the last one to bed on Christmas Eve.When I all woke up on Christmas day there were a few presents under the tree marked
 To: Mommy, From: Santa


One in particular had this stunning diamond pendant. A 1.8 carat, stunning diamond pendant to be exact. I cried, yes I did, tears, real freakin tears and more than once throughout the day/night. I was never so surprised in my life. I had just received the gorgeous Emerald from Tim the night before. Anyone that knows me knows I don't do glitter, gloss or glam. I am a pretty plain non-sparkle gal... except for my engagement ring I rarely wear jewelry. One time I wore a pattern shirt and my Karrick's eyes nearly bugged out of his head "What are you wearing, mommy? Go take it off" 
We headed to Palos Heights to spend Christmas at my dad's with all my siblings and cousins and I wore BOTH of my sparklers and felt wonderfully gorgeous. Maybe a glam-girl in the making? Hmmmmm
All kidding aside, I'm still recovering from shock and the look on Tim's face was wonderful. I think it really gave him joy to give me these presents and that they were chosen very carefully out of  love. I really think it's okay to feel special and appreciated...thanks hun, I Love You!


Tim and I were in bed last night remarking on how blessed we are. 3 healthy, happy and wonderful boys complete our family. It was great to spend time with my extended family, I haven't seen my auntie Mar(I was named after her) in forever and was so happy to see her(in plaid shirt). She is my mom's younger sister.

If it's Christmas it's game time. Scrabble above and marble mania below



Lots-o-Jenga going on





My brother Patrick(right) was all beat up from sparring. He is training hard in the ring for a CFD vs CPD MMA rematch.
He thinks it will take place sometime in May or June.
It was one of my favorite Christmas' ever...This year it held so much more meaning to me and my family. I am truly blessed with so many wonderful people in my life. Life is to short not to enjoy every gift we have been given and to share those gifts with everyone around us.

No comments: