©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 4, 2008

A Christmas Carol


Today TJ has a test on "The Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. The test is on Act 1 and is also a District wide assessment. I did test TJ last night on everything from the Characters, stage notes, vocabulary to individual interpretation . I was somewhat surprised at the level of difficulty. My first thought was "it's a play on the Christmas Carol" how friggin hard can it be? It's going to be hard. At TJ's school they do not dumb these kids down. TJ seemed prepared and well versed. I sent him to school with the only advice I had "take your time, read the question, figure out what the answer requires and give detail, then give more detail to support your answer" At the end of reading this play, when all the tests are complete the 7th grade class will travel together and get to see the performance of A Christmas Carol. As Callahan sat at the kitchen table, bored with his 4th grade homework I caught him more than once listening to TJ and I discuss Act1. He had a light of passion in his eyes that would melt ice. I think him and I are going to have date at the Goodman Theater.

No comments: