©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 1, 2008

TJ's Casting



TJ had an audition today for Giant Eagle grocery store.This was his 1st commercial casting since we "took a break" almost 2 years ago. I picked TJ up after school and we  headed for our old stomping grounds,
located at 10 west Hubbard. I was amazed at how quickly TJ jumped back into it. When auditioning for TV you go in a closed door room with the casting directors, that you really can't see due to the intense lighting all while being put on film. Just once I want to go in and watch...Never! Not even with the babies are you allowed in. TJ came out with a big smile indicating it was a successful audition. He'll either get a callback or he won't. He went in, did his job and now we have no control after that. My boys know if they don't book it or even get a callback it can be as simple as their hair color doesn't match the mom or dad that has been cast. One thing I know is that later in life when my boys have a job interview, it will be old hat. You cannot get better practice then these auditions.

TJ headshot in hand reviewing the storyboard for his audition
The secret door that I haven't been able to crack. "what is TJ doing behind the door?" "why don't they let me in?"

No comments: