©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 29, 2008

Two thumbs up, one thumb down

This weekend we saw 2 distinctly different movies. "Marley and Me" and "Gran Torino". I really enjoyed them both. I laughed and I cried during "Marley and Me". Thumbs up from Me, TJ and Cal (Tim and Karrick stayed home) While "Gran Torino" was a little darker and had a whole lot of racial slurs. Not for everyone, but I enjoyed it. Thumbs up from me, Tim ,TJ and Cal (for obvious reason Karrick didn't tune in)


Tim and I have been going to Lom Ling in Lombard every Saturday for a while now. The boys do not eat Chinese food so it is a perfect getaway for us. We couldn't make it until Sunday this week and when we arrived it was closed. After watching Gran Torino I was dying for Asian food so we set out for a replacement. Now I love everything about Lombard, but it does lack in the restaurant department. I am not a fancy food person...wish I was, but I'm not. My pulse began to race, my skin to perspire and dizziness was setting in. Low blood sugar...must eat and eat now. We decide to pull in to Mr. Wonton. Everything about it looked wrong from the strip mall location to the plastic decor from Hell


Tim asked for some hard noodles and this is what he was served. Oh no, Tim didn't eat any prior to this picture. I know the economy has gone in the shitter, but...


10 bucks to anyone that can name Tim's dish. If you said Cabbage salad you are wrong. It was Chicken Chop Suey. Not a bean sprout for miles. It was a pile of soggy cabbage with some shredded chicken. My dish was inedible, I did eat the Crab Rangoon appetizer because the fear of fainting on the floor was too much.
Big, big thumbs down


2 comments:

Mel said...

Blech!! Bad food=bad night!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo, you were visited with simply excellent idea