©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 8, 2008

O Christmas Tree

Being the daughter of a Chicago Fireman meant NEVER having a real Christmas Tree growing up. Tim on the other hand never had a fake tree, so he was not about to start when he met and married his gorgeous lovable South side Sassy Irish Lassie. That would be me. Prior to this year it was an all boys outing. I was invited to come along to the Nursery this year. What a treat! The smells were incredible. The boys ran wild through the rows of fresh cut trees. Buttercup was hidden in a pine tree. I had the final say on which tree, needless to say I fell in love with a giant beautiful Western Yellow Pine tree. Each kid picked out their Christmas plant and we walked out with a wreath, cacti , Poinsettia and a Christmas flower. I can go to bed tonite knowing at least the McGinty's are doing their part to keep the economy flowing






When we returned home we only had time to put the tree in the stand before running off again. Tim to hospital to visit his dad. Karrick and me to my friend Julie's Avon party. TJ and Callahan to the neighborhood snowball fight. When we all returned a few hours later...oh the pine smell that greeted us was fabulous.

Looked at my pretty swag on the wall

Tonite we will all gather to decorate

No comments: