©MaryMcgintyPhotography

©MaryMcGintyPhotography

630-863-1061
All photos on this blog are the property of Mary McGinty Photography (unless noted otherwise) photos may not be used or copied without my permission




Dec 28, 2008

Oh No, not again

As I was getting ready for my weekly Saturday morning massage I look out the window. Horror greeted me, I see the sewer bubbling up. The only other time I saw this was Sept. 13th when we ended up with 2 feet of raw sewage in our basement for 2 days. With melting snow and rain predicted I immediately woke Tim. We cleared the basement and laundry room in record time. My Tim looked at me and said "I can't do this again". We just finished gutting and rebuilding our family room. The laundry room was a work in progress. With potential disaster out of our control, I set out for my massage 1 1/2 hrs late. As I drove down main street my sick feeling worsened as I saw the retention pond at my kids school 3/4 the way full.






Around 5pm we were confident enough to put back the furniture...we escaped Mother Natures wrath. I made a simple dinner and let the boys eat downstairs while soaking up as much electronic stimulation as possible






I missed the Nutcracker last week due to a blizzard and while I was unsuccessful in exchanging my tickets for Sat nights performance; in the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder if a giant sand storm was in my future had the Nutcracker been extended a week



1 comment:

Mel said...

The Nutcracker has officially closed...no weather issues can be blamed on Drosselmeyer, the Sugarplum Fairy and Co. for 12 months.

Sorry you missed the show. I was really looking forward to seeing you.